Four things that make the otherwise execrable Boat Trip not a complete waste of time:
- Cuba Gooding, Jr.’s absolute commitment during his climactic performance of “I’m Coming Out.”
- Thomas Lennon’s cameo as a priest who must perform a wedding while in the middle of his own crisis of faith.
- Roger Moore’s over-the-top performance, going so far as trying to seduce Horatio Sanz by fellating a sausage.
- The fact that after an hour and a half of cheap, easy gay-panic jokes, the film ultimately has a fairly benign message of “hey, gay people can play poker and be firemen and do other normal people stuff, too.”
One thing that makes Boat Trip completely unbearable and not worth watching:
- Literally everything else.